Sunday, February 20, 2005

P.S. I Don't Love You Anymore

In light of how my past couple of posts and comments have been going, the rest of February is dedicated to Top 10 Lists, to which I hope my readers (faithful and otherwise) will contribute.

Today's List?

Top 10 Worst Ways to Break Up With Someone
1. Instant messenger

QT3.14159: I don't know about us anymore
Stan4d4eva: What do you mean?
QT3.14159: I think we should break up
QT3.14159: Can we still be friends ;-)
QT3.14159: OMG, this is so sad :-( :-( :-(
QT3.14159: gtg
QT3.14159: ttyl
Stan4d4eva: Can't we talk about this?
AutoResponse from QT3.14159: I am away from my computer right now.

2. Over a cell phone

Jack: I don't think this will work out
Jill: What?
Jack: I don't think this will work out
Jill: The connection is bad, I'm inside the library
Jack: IT WON'T WORK OUT
Jill: We can go to the gym tomorrow
Jack: NO. I WANT TO BREAK UP
Jill: Hello.... Jack? Hello?

3. During a family reunion
Grandma: How are you doing, honey?
Bryce: I'm great, this is my girlfriend Anna.
Anna: Actually, we're not exclusive
Grandma: Beg your pardon, dear?
Anna: I've been seeing someone else.
Bryce: What do you ... excuse us, Grandma Janis.

More to follow...

5 Comments:

Blogger The Grave Digger said...

4. On the marquee at a ball game
5. On a note taped to the steering wheel
6. On a fortune cookie
7. At a funeral

2/21/2005 07:32:00 PM  
Blogger The Grave Digger said...

8. On a transatlantic flight, over Greenland
9. Pass in on to your friend's cousin's boyfriend's sister's friend's classmate.
10. At 4am, through a bullhorn

2/22/2005 02:16:00 PM  
Blogger Brian said...

#10 reminds me of Say Anything. Except with a bullhorn. And breaking up. And at 4am.

2/22/2005 03:37:00 PM  
Blogger Peetie said...

11. In a blog entry

2/23/2005 02:26:00 AM  
Blogger Kel The Younger said...

I can't believe you screwed up the lyrics!!! Now I have to scribble out your note and rewrite it! :-p JK...

I'm keeping the lyrics just as you wrote them. Anyone can quote something word for word, and such verbatim recasting has its place. But the mix-up you did is, well, yours. Only Marisa would have come up with that exact phrasing, so that's much better than the original. :-)

Thanks for the heads up anyhow. Hope DC was a blast!

2/28/2005 10:12:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home